Pre-Tekken 6 FAQ Comments and Feedback
If you’re here visiting this blog, there’s a chance that you’ve seen at least one of the Tekken FAQs that I’ve written or helped with for Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, and Soul Calibur 2. If not, you can find most of them here: http://faqs.tekkenomics.com
So far, I have completed one FAQ for Tekken 6, and that is available below:
Tekken 6 Trophy & Achievement Guide
What does “FAQ” stand for? Well, “FAQ” stands for “Frequently Asked Questions”, and for video games it usually means a guide or useful information.
I have already finished the templates and most of the table of contents for the other Tekken 6 FAQs I plan to write and have gathered A LOT of information, but have not yet added any content. As I will be using my Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection FAQs as a guide when putting together the FAQs for Tekken 6, the purpose of this blog entry is to see if there is anything that you will like to see changed, or content that you will like to see added to or removed from our Tekken 6 FAQs. Or is there something that you like and want to see remain the same? Is there something confusing or not explained well enough? Are there any ideas listed below that you like/dislike? Please post any comments, suggestions, or questions below. Also, let me know if you’ve found any of of my FAQs useful.
I haven’t decided yet, but I might push back the first release of the Tekken 6 FAQs from December to sometime in January so that I can spend some time enjoying my upcoming vacation and work also on completing the Tekken 6 Move Lists for IGN. The comments and feedback posted below will play a big part in my decision.
Here are the Tekken 6 FAQs that I will be working on, along with some short descriptions and ideas:
Hidden Moves FAQ
The “Hidden Moves FAQ” will focus on moves for every fighter that is not listed in their in-game move lists.
- Will focus more on Hidden Moves and unrelated content will be moved over to the “Tekken 6 Game System & General FAQ”.
- Might include info on the new item moves and bound moves mechanics. I say “might” because this information will definitely be included in the “Tekken 6 Game System & General FAQ”.
- I’m thinking of combining the “Every Fighter Exception (EFE)” and ” Fighter Specific (FS)” sub-sections together.
- The format of the “Legend” might be changed to look more like the legend currently used in the “Tekken 5 Game System & General FAQ”.
The “Combo FAQ” will include just about every normal juggle launcher/starter available within the game and will contain a list of combos available for each launcher.
- The way that I wrote the “Tekken 5 Combo FAQ” took up too much of my free time because I kept going back to add more and more combos. So, the “Tekken 6 Combo FAQ” will contain a limited number of combos for each launcher (maybe a maximum of 10), but will be varied enough for you to get an idea of some of the different options that you have available and hopefully help you to come up with your own combo ideas.
- There will be a section that will link to a YouTube playlist that I use to keep track off all of the combo videos that I find on YouTube.
- The new bound system will be covered, but I haven’t decided yet if this will get its own section, or be added to the “Art of Juggling” section from my Tekken 5 FAQ.
The “Customization FAQ” will contain a list of customized outfits for each fighter.
- This time around, I don’t plan to create a list of all available customization items and colors for each fighter, but will instead only keep a list of the customization items that need to be unlocked from the Scenario Campaign mode.
- I might point out the customization items that grant the user special “item moves”. This information will also be included in the “Game System & General FAQ” and possibly “Hidden Moves” FAQ.
- Will add a section called “How to Customize Your Fighter” that will provide some basic instructions on customizing your fighter. (NOTE: I might also go back and add this section to the T5 Customization and T5DR Wild FAQs, but only if requested.)
- “Fighter Costumes” and “Default Costume Colors” sections will probably be combined into one section.
- I will add a section dealing with the special properties from the “Scenario Campaign” mode, which will probably be the same section already in the “Tekken 6 Trophy & Achievement Guide”.
The “Taunt FAQ” will contain a list of pre-match, post-match, and in-game taunts for each fighter.
- This FAQ will cover the same material as the Tekken 5 version.
Game System & General FAQ
The “Game System & General FAQ” is essentially a continuation and expansion of the “Tekken 5 Game System & General FAQ” written by Drake the Demon. The Tekken 6 version will contain information currently covered in the Tekken 5 version, plus much more.
- Information that I probably would have added to my “Hidden Moves FAQ”, but didn’t really deal with unlisted moves, will be added here instead.
- Will contain information and lists on the bound system and item moves.
- Will probably contain the “Tekken Websites” and “YouTube Videos” sections from the “T5DR Wild FAQ”.
- The “Secrets” section will probably be here instead of the “Hidden Moves” FAQ.
- Might eventually contain a section called “Fighter Stances”, which will list all of the different ways to get into each fighter’s different stances (for those that have stances).
That’s all for now. Let me know what you think!
A poll has also been added to the right side panel for which of the above FAQs you are looking forward to. Multiple answers are allowed.
Wild Man X